NEED A TEACHER?
I (Kelvin Hayes) am also an TESOL qualified educator teaching the more cultural side of English. Since 2011 I have taught in China (university), Taiwan (younger learners), Poland (corporate) and Austria (middle school). I remain open to other possibilities.
In 2016, inspired by Brian Eno‘s Oblique Strategies, I devised nHW (non homework) and nEX (non exam) as a means to alleviate stress in my students who I feel are burdened with too much homework and not enough space to develop their inter-personal skills.
The added intention was to expand their thinking somewhat. In addition I agree with Edward deBono that universities need to be more than just enclosed spaces of knowledge and that thinking should be a subject in its own right.
My ultimate goal would be the option to teach art at foundation level, cultural studies or continue with TESOL (in a class or online setting).
WHY SHOULD YOU HIRE ME?
- I hold a degree in Design and a TESOL certificate.
- Six years experience in class, mostly at university level. Class sizes 35-120 students!
- Enhanced DBS Police check (UK, 2022)
- I believe in further learning and am happy to be police checked and/or medically tested.
- I am seldom sick and as you can see from the photo below easily adaptable to other countries.
GET IN TOUCH
I am available to teach worldwide including the UK and although I prefer a physical space, I’ve recently began to consider online teaching as it would allow me to continue travelling – some countries you have to see at certain times of year – the academic year prevents this. If you are from a reputable university or perhaps corporate clients and want to engage in dialogue please contact me via email: kelvinhayesglobal(@)gmail.com. No agencies please.